Kollaps
X

• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg
  • Angeleyetearsdrop
    • June 2005

Okey, men vad kommer att hända med mina resternade fiskar? Den största är 8 cm, sedan har jag tre som är 5 cm. Jag ska testa och se vad som händer om jag byter två gånger.

Kommentar

• Kramfors
      • January 2003

Om du inte har fiskar som ska ha lågt pH och du har vanligt kranvatten från kommunen då kan du byta vatten hela dagen lång.
      http://www.kramforskoi.com/

Kommentar

• martal
        • May 2004

Hej:-)
        Varför ska du vänta med att flytta dom???
        Från början hade jag två små slöjstjärtar i ett 12 liters akvarium.Det var den informationen jag fick.
        Jag bytte till 25 liter.Sedan köpte jag ett 60 liters akvarium och en slöjstjärt till och det blev också för litet:-)
        Vad jag menar är att jag tror att du har för många fiskar i akvariet.
        Byt vatten men försök ordna större akvarium.
        Sedan undrar jag vad du har för filter??Min erfarenhet är att slöjstjärt måste ha bra cirkulation(tvärtemot vad man i allmänhet tror).
        MVH Marita
        Det här behöver du veta
        www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/index.htm

Kommentar

• cri
          • September 2002

Ursprungligen postat av Angeleyetearsdrop
          Den största är 8 cm, sedan har jag tre som är 5 cm.
          Med dessa fiskar behöver du byta vattnet oftare än en gång per vecka. Mycket troligt att problemen kommer från detta.

Byt vattnet 2-3 gg per vecka tills du har möjlighet att flytta en del utav fiskarna till ett större akvarie. Du kan behålla de två minsta ett tag till i akvariet (smiley)
          Mvh, cri

Kommentar

• Angeleyetearsdrop
            • June 2005

-ang fiskarna-

Hej,

Saken är att min sambo ska försöka hitta ett nytt akvarium, det har vi i nte gjort ännu. Jag ska ta över hans. Okey, om jag byter vatten som ex 2-3 gånger i veckan, ska man hälla i något speciellt medel också ?
            Vad är det för salt ni häller i och vart hittar man saltet?
            Jag har en pump inkl ett filter, för det fick jag med när jag handlade i affären.

Kommentar

• martal
              • May 2004

Hej.
              Byt 40-50 % vatten 2-3 ggr/vecka.
              Det finns havssalt att köpa både i lös vikt(akvarieaffär),ektozonsalt(dyrt men förmodligen det bästa:-)) eller man kan använda vanligt bordssalt(utan jod och utan klumpförebyggande medel).
              Har aldrig använt speciellt mycket ca 1 dl/200 liter vatten.
              Men enligt råd ska man ha 1,5g/liter vatten eller 1 dl salt/100 liter vatten.
              MVH Marita
              Senast redigerad av martal; 30 June 2005, 20:11.
              Det här behöver du veta
              www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/index.htm

Kommentar

• cri
                • September 2002

Hej,

Detta är den bästa texten jag hittat hittills. Den förklarar varför, när och hur det fungerar.

SALT
                MECHANISM OF ACTION:
                Fish cells are saltier on the inside than the fresh water outside. When there is unequal concentrations of salts, the area with higher salts will lose salt to the area with lower salts. At the same time, water will move from the area of lower salts into the area of higher salts to dilute the salts. This is called osmosis. It is the reason that blood on clothes is removed by soaking in plain water ... it lyses the blood cells and dilutes the iron out of the cloth.
                All animals that live in fresh water have to expend energy to hang onto their salts AND to keep the fresh water out. Most of the fresh water fish can no longer deal with "salt water" conditions (altho ocean going salmon can go back and forth from salt to fresh water).
                But adding some salt to the tank water lowers this energy expenditure. Salt also does one other thing, it stimulates the production of slime. Fish dont have much in the way of antibody, but they do have a secretory kind that is added to the slime coat where it reacts with parasites. But having a continuous production of slime, parasites have a harder time getting to the skin of the fish and shedding of the slime coat sheds many of the parasites as well. Normally, healthy fish are resistant to even pathogenic strains of bacteria. However, fish suffering mechanical damage from handling or spawning that removes the slime coat and/or opens a wound, those that have a primary infestation with a parasite that opens the slime coat and punctures the skin of the fish and when water quality/oxygen levels/temperature are so poor that the immune system of the fish is dysfunctional or there are infected fish shedding large numbers of bacteria in the pond can result in bacterial infection.

What salt dips do:
                1. Helps fish that have been shipped recover their electrolytes
                2. Strip off the slime coat and chemically knock off a lot of parasites.. it seems to be more of a shock to parasites than the fish
                3. A fish that has been dipped is more susceptible to medications once the slime coat protectant is gone AND the remaining parasites are exposed to medications.

What low concentrations of salt does:
                1. Provide needed minerals (if solar salt is used)
                2. Stimulates slime coat production. Fish have antibodies and other anti microbial agents which are excreted into the slime coat where they bind to parasites.
                3. Appears to protect fish against nitrite poisoning

CONCENTRATIONS:
                Percent (%) is a measure of the number of grams of a chemical per 100 ml of water. So 0.3% salt solution means there is 0.3 grams of salt per 100 ml of water.
                THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT IS READ ON A SALT METER - please read the instruction manual that comes with the meter to translate what the METER says with what the concentration is in percent (%)

A solution of one teaspoon per gallon is 0.132% salt. So 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons is around 0.1%
                A LOW concentration is up to 0.1%. This concentration will not hurt most plants and is what is typically used in ponds and tanks. Addition to fresh water is done over 3 days.

A MEDIUM concentration is up to 0.5% . Addition from 0.1% up to 0.5% should be done over a couple of days.

HIGH concentrations are up to 0.9% which is isotonic or the concentration within the fish. This concentration is used for medical reasons for very short baths. THIS CONCENTRATION CAN BE DEADLY TO FISH.

mild nitrite protection = 0.1% (3/4 teaspoon per US gallon)
                preventive and nitrite protection = 0.3 % (2 1/2 teaspoons/gallon)

What kind of salt
                Noga recommends "solar" salt WITHOUT ANTI-CAKING additives. The additive is sodium ferrocyanide (yellow prussiate of soda) which makes hydrogen cyanide when exposed to fish. On the topic of salt, p. 295 talks about salt dips for treatment of ecoparasites, columnaris and bacterial gill disease, and how salt dips remove the excess mucus making medications more effective against pathogens. Solar salt can be bought in food stores, in crystal form, no additives for water softening in big bags for cheap. Rock salt dissolves slowly. This means it will not flash burn the gills or skin like adding finely crushed table salt will. Almost all GF books specifically say no iodine.

To learn more about:
                salt to prevent nitrite toxicity:

salinity and electrolytes: page 4 of:

osmoregulation in fish:
                Explore the fact-checked online encyclopedia from Encyclopaedia Britannica with hundreds of thousands of objective articles, biographies, videos, and images from experts.

salt for biofilter bacteria: see Table 3 on page 5 of:

calculating how much salt to use:
                Mvh, cri

Kommentar

• Angeleyetearsdrop
                  • June 2005

Hej,
                  Det var än jätte och lång information om salt och saltbad jag fick. Jag tänkte nog att ta en sväng på min röda cykel till affären och handla salt.

Kommentar

• cri
                    • September 2002

hoppas allt går bra! (smiley)
                    Mvh, cri

Kommentar

• Angeleyetearsdrop
                      • June 2005

Jag tänkte att man kunde fixa billigare havssalt i en vanlig mataffär. Det fanns havssalt med inte utan klumpförebyggande medel.

Kommentar

• cri
                        • September 2002

Hej igen,

Titta efter saltet man använder till diskmaskin. Läs innehållet.

Ectosaltet är bra och man använder mycket mindre mängd. Men dyrt!
                        Mvh, cri

Kommentar

• Kramfors
                          • January 2003

När en fisk fastnar bakom pumpen är det ofta mat som hamnat bakom pumpen som de försöker ta.

Kommentar

• Angeleyetearsdrop
                            • June 2005

Hmm, detta blir klurigt, vi har ingen diskmaskin. Du menar väl inte att man ska hälla ner diskmedel?

Kommentar

• Kramfors
                              • January 2003

Det finns salt (tabletter) i 25 kg säckar utan tillsatser konstar under 100:- saltet är avsett för tex avhädning och vattenverk, finns hos butiket typ Granngården, det finns också att beställa i zoobutiken (kostar mer) som handlar hos grossister som tex http://www.akvarieteknik.com/privat/...ntProdID=98057

Kommentar

• cri
                                • September 2002

Ursprungligen postat av Angeleyetearsdrop
                                Hmm, detta blir klurigt, vi har ingen diskmaskin. Du menar väl inte att man ska hälla ner diskmedel?
                                Ehhh... inte skrev jag väl diskmedel??!! men väl: "Titta efter saltet man använder till diskmaskin. Läs innehållet."

Om jag inte minns fel - NatriumClorid(Salt).

I Schweiz kan man köpa 500g paket med NatriumClorid(Salt), som inte innehåller klumpmedel för ca 6kr i alla mataffärer. Fråga någon som har en diskmaskin eller i affären.
                                Mvh, cri

Kommentar

Arbetssätt...