Pearlscale och antibiotika resistens, två ämnen som tagits upp innan.

Kollaps
X

• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg
  • cri
    • September 2002

Pearlscale och antibiotika resistens, två ämnen som tagits upp innan.

Två ämnen som tagits upp innan.

Pearlscale - de är känsligare än andra GF:

PEARL SCALES
    The Goldfish Guru (Jo Ann) says:
    Pearlscales are not the norm or goldfish. Almost all goldfish scales are made up of beta carotene. Pearlscales also contains a large amount of calcium and potassium. I use a stock solution of PP (1 drop per gallon) within the first 3 days of arrival, plus a reduction in sodium chloride. I also add a small amount of Epsom Salt like about a tablespoon for 75 gallons and this is level tblsp. and also 2 - 600mg caplets of calcium I purchased over the counter. I do this for the first couple of weeks at water change day, then they appear to adjust well. If you have low pH it doesn't hurt to put in a little sodium bicarb either. This was the first thing recommended to me by Dr. Pete probably to stabilize water and hold the PP so they could benefit from it.

Pearlscales are also extremely sensitive to any amount of ammonia and pH
    swings. High pH appears to bother them also. My water is out of the ground
    at 5.4 and I adjust with organic dolomitic lime and have had no problems with
    the exception of ammonia spikes which appear to knock the poor little guys
    right off their fins. The most common occurring problem with them which is body hemmorrhage.

Here is what Patsy says:
    I'm fortunate to have a friend who thoroughly understands water chemistry and
    he has been a tremendous guide in my transition from tap to RO water. He recommended going with RO Right, so that's what we did. Jo Ann recommended using organic lime to provide the buffering needed for a pH around 7.5. I use a pH monitor each time I change water to be sure I've added enough lime. A heaping tsp. per ten gals. seems to be about right. The RO Right calls for two tsp. per each ten gals. of water added. No need here to worry about a build up, like with salt. You replace ten gals. of water, you put in two tsp. of RO Right. Just that simple. Lime is calcium so the lime is also supplementing a needed mineral.

Antibiotika resistens eller inte:

ROMET B AND ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE
    http://biology.usgs.gov/news/97-009.htm means if your salmon have aeromonas, there is a 50% chance Romet B wont do them any good.

However, salmonida is RARELY seen in Goldfish, whereas sobria, hydrophila and jandaei are. Upping the temperature to 84oF kills aeromonas (one reason Jo Ann suggests increasing the temp), EXCEPT with jandaei, which is heat activated. The good news is jandaei has not yet been isolated from Chinese goldfish and koi. It has been found (rarely) in Japanese koi. So part of quarantine for Japanese fish is running the temp up to see if they get sick under controlled conditions and then treating them if they show signs of aeromonas infection.

ACTUALLY, "salmonicida is frequently resistant to multiple drugs including sulphonamides, tetracycline, amoxicillin, trimethoprim- sulfadimethoxine and quinolones (3_7)"
    Oxolinic acid is a quinolone
    Kanamycin is a animoglycoside (like Streptomycin)

For a discussion of the mechanisms of antibiotic resistance, go here.

Antibiotics do not kill every single last bacteria, they kill most and weaken the rest so that the host's immune system kills the rest. Do not count on the antibiotic to kill off every bacteria. The immune system of the fish (or human) is REQUIRED to overcome bacterial infections. So providing pristine water conditions and good food are essential for fighting infections.
    Mvh, cri
Arbetssätt...