When the change was implemented in 1816 live droughly at least 550 people in Lörby. Believe it or not, but 277 of their descendants emigrated from Lörby...of themit was about 250 who went to the address America.
It is usually calculated that 20% return to Sweden...but the others stayed, married, had children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and so on. Would think that there are several more over there that are descendants of these emigrants than there are people in Lörby (about 250 today) today.

Near shoot no rabbit...
All Lörby residents who emigrated to America, what happened to them? Unfortunately, it is not so easy to find out ... but it would be interesting to know, but if if not has been, the risk / chance that I too belong to them is big... but we'll take it from the beginning!

One reason why it is so difficult to find out what happened, is that it's Confidentiality after 1930... but if you're lucky - with for example an unusual last name - you can manages to trace the descendants to this days, but it is not certain they want to have contact ... which has to be accepted.

Ran into that "problem" for a while ago, but was in any case told that it was as I thought ... we were related.
My (and their) relatives went not from Lörby but Hosaby ... a small village not far from Lörby, which over 400 people left.

One of them was my grandmother, who arrived at the age of 17 with Laconia from Liverpool in early November 1912th.

Sycamore, Illinois...
The objective of the trip was Sycamore, where she was working as a nanny for six years ... before she and her sister got the idea that it was now or never, they would greet relatives Sweden http://www.zoopet.com/forum/entry.php?b=8797. Their brother stayed, however, remain in the U.S. ...

The idea was just to visit in Sweden, so after Christmas, they would travel back to America again ... and therefore they traveled to Gothenburg (instead of Malmo, which was the harbor my grandmother went from 1912 ...), for onward journey to the United States.

The only problem was that the number of boats how crossed the Atlantic was very small because the WW1 ... so they became stranded in Gothenburg.
Her sister got married and had a baby, and also about the same time USA had new harder entry rules (if I understood correctly) ...

Klicka på bilden för större version

Namn: Lörby 20.jpg
Visningar: 1
Storlek: 114,8 KB
ID: 2344499
"Grandma weddings photo ...
... would think that this was quite long from the easy life in Sycamore!"

So
my grandmother was against her will (may assume) still in Sweden, and she have to give up her dream... and married in 1922 with the man who become my grandfather ... but she never forgot the time in Sycamore, and had long corresponded with a girl named Christina.

These letters picked she up from an old shoe box when I as a child had a "collect-on-stamp-period", and together we steamed away stamps from the envelopes.
It was green, quite big stamps ... I remember.

I also remember how I tried to get her to speak English, but no ... she had totally forgotten all. But it was not true, it would turn out ... when two American guys came to visit inthe 1970s. and my grandmother - who I never heard say a word in English - could suddenly spoke fluent...
In fact, she liked the U.S. time so much, that she seriously suggested that I should go to Chicago when I was 16-17 year old, but I chickened out ...
Travel to Chicago on my one? NEVER! Still remember her disappointed expression in her face when I said no ...
Huga, but to bee truth emerges, so I probably would said no to go on myself today as well.

The souvenir from my grandmother...
Stamps is one thing I gathered ... souvenir spoons another. Souvenirs of the spoon shape is nothing new ... my oldest is from Waterman Hall, Sycamore ...

Klicka på bilden för större version

Namn: 039kop.jpg
Visningar: 1
Storlek: 159,2 KB
ID: 2344498
"Waterman Hall ... I hawe goggles the name,
but not managed to figure out if that is a place, or the name of the Church..."

- - - THE END - - -

PS: What happened to our friend, the brotherson of Per Persson? Well, he got nice to move out of the village ... but the other farmer on no 4 (my FF FF F) were allowed to stay. The relocated house is still there ... but there is no sine of the farm my ancestor used once ...

PS 2: Good place to finde your migrate is on Ellis Island http://www.ellisisland.se/...which usually was the place where travelers took their first steps on American soil. (free but requires registration).

Another is the "Emigranten Populär 1783-1951" ... on ancestry http://www.ancestry.se/ (requires abonneman), and on the CD with same name.

But to show how difficult it is to find the information, I may mention that I have not managed to find when grandmother's two siblings left Sweden or when they entry into the United States ...