X

• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg
  • Marten64

• July 2012

Koi och kyla

Saxat från FB, intressanta tankar från Peter Waddington UK.

"Whilst Koi in the warmer climes (like Philippines etc.) are basking in the warm water - Koi, here in the UK are not enjoying the same luxuries.

Koi in the UK do NOT hug the pond base when water temperatures drop because the temperature on the pond base is identical to the temperature on the pond's surface.

They hug the pond base because temperature fluctuations are not nearly as severe as the temperature fluctuations at the surface.

And it would be wise to accept that for every one degree F temperature change to a human (up or down) - it means a 4 degree F temperature change to a fish.

This is exactly the reason as to why most fish hug the pond base in cool water periods.

Moving on........ Nishikigoi are not true 'coldwater' species - BUT the bacteria/biofilm that forms on our biological media surfaces ARE!

These little tinkers can live and reproduce quite happily under ice.

In view of this - do not be a silly Billy and switch off your filters for winter - or your Koi will suffer much as a direct result!

Finally - regarding the valuable Koi stocks at the breeder's farms in Japan. These very clever breeders have taken them all into their indoor 'heated' ponds for safe keeping until next May or early June.

It's known as protecting one's assets.

The Koi breeders of Japan are smart - be like the Koi breeders of Japan!"

/ Johan 720 l. Regnbågsfisk, 375 l. Glossolepis Wanamensis, 142 l. -. Medlem i IRG.
  • hivemindhermit
    • September 2017

Ursprungligen postat av Marten64
    Saxat från FB, intressanta tankar från Peter Waddington UK.

And it would be wise to accept that for every one degree F temperature change to a human (up or down) - it means a 4 degree F temperature change to a fish.
    Vänta, va? Varför skulle temperaturförändringen vara större i vattnet än i luften..?
    /Alex
    375 + 112 liter drömmar

Kommentar

• Marten64

• July 2012

Jag förmodar att han menar att vattenlevande varelser som Koi påverkas mer av en grads temperaturskillnad än vad vi påverkas av en grads skillnad i luften.
      / Johan 720 l. Regnbågsfisk, 375 l. Glossolepis Wanamensis, 142 l. -. Medlem i IRG.

Kommentar

Arbetssätt...