• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg
  • Taftarat
    • March 2021

I need help

Hej!

I have huge problems with algae... Aquarium is ~60l, changing water ~20-25% every week + suck all the sh** from the ground, lights are on for 10h/day. There are 5 fishes and 3+ shrimps. I feed them every other day, i do not overfeed - food is gone in a minute or so (flakes). When algae infestation started i was using 3-4 "pumps" of "Tropica -Premium Nutrition. Plant care". I have stopped using it for 2 weeks now, but things aren't getting any better... What can i do?

• Al G

• August 2022

I would start with decreasing to 8 or 9 hours of light. And what’s the water temperature? Bring it down to 23 or 24 C if it’s higher.

Without knowing what 5 fishes you have, I’d also buy three Otocincluses

Kommentar

• åheim
      • April 2006

Be patient, 2 weeks is not much. My universal answer() to a lot of these problem is to stand back, make less waterchange and no gravelclean and you can softly rubb your plants with your fingers from time to time to rubb of some of the algea. Keep the waterflow in the tank at a minimum. Are you using a spongefilter for the safety of your shrimp population?
      Viva Leo Buscaglia

Kommentar

• Sleaper

• September 2008

Algae in the aquarium - Aquascaping Wiki | Aquasabi

Kommentar

• Taftarat
          • March 2021

Ursprungligen postat av Al G
          I would start with decreasing to 8 or 9 hours of light. And what’s the water temperature? Bring it down to 23 or 24 C if it’s higher.

Without knowing what 5 fishes you have, I’d also buy three Otocincluses
          Hmmm it would be hard to change the temperature - my heater is automatic - no setpoints, i think it has internal setpoint of 24-25.
          Fish:
          2x Hoplosternum thoracatum (Megalechis thoracata)
          3x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi

Kommentar

• Taftarat
            • March 2021

Ursprungligen postat av åheim
            Be patient, 2 weeks is not much. My universal answer() to a lot of these problem is to stand back, make less waterchange and no gravelclean and you can softly rubb your plants with your fingers from time to time to rubb of some of the algea. Keep the waterflow in the tank at a minimum. Are you using a spongefilter for the safety of your shrimp population?
            Ok so i should continue not using Tropica? Less waterchange? So every other week?
            Filter i have: JBL CristalProfi i60 Greenline Innerfilter

Kommentar

• åheim
              • April 2006

Ursprungligen postat av Taftarat

Ok so i should continue not using Tropica? Less waterchange? So every other week?
              Filter i have: JBL CristalProfi i60 Greenline Innerfilter

I would probably try to change about 20% every other week or maybe once a month to see how the aquarium reacts to that... and maybe 2 squeezes tropica one time in between waterchanges or not at all and see if it´s necessary to use extra nutrition...
              Viva Leo Buscaglia

Kommentar

• åheim
                • April 2006

...jbl 60 turns your aquarium over 7 times an hour so you can try to turn that down 50% to get a more gentle flow
                Viva Leo Buscaglia

Kommentar

• Taftarat
                  • March 2021

Ursprungligen postat av åheim

I would probably try to change about 20% every other week or maybe once a month to see how the aquarium reacts to that... and maybe 2 squeezes tropica one time in between waterchanges or not at all and see if it´s necessary to use extra nutrition...
                  I see. Ok ill make water changes less frequent. How fast can i spot if im doing things right here? 1 month? 3 months? And ofc thanks for the help mate!

Kommentar

• åheim
                    • April 2006

Don't thank me yet Algea can appear rapidly but takes a long time to die off but you will probably see less algea week after week...
                    Viva Leo Buscaglia

Kommentar

Arbetssätt...