• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg
  • Taftarat
    • March 2021

Making my own background

Hello!

I have decided to make my own background. All went +- ok, but now im little stuck and have a question for you guys. Since i couldn't find cement in less than 25kg bags BYGGMAX guy suggested me BYGGFIX (3kg) "cement". When it was time to "paint" my creation to my surprise bag contents were white... Figured no probs ill paint few layers in white while pigment that i ordered arrives. Than i decided to check manufacturers safety datasheet for BYGGFIX - 35% cement, and no info on what other 65% consists of... Have you guys tried this specific "cement"? Will it work for this purpose? Thank you!

• Taftarat
    • March 2021

ok this silence is making me nervous - are you guys laughing your arses off or are you truly have no clue on this particular material?

Kommentar

• Munin
      • December 2020

Looks cool but I have no idea, never made a background and the ones I have heard of doing it used styrofoam, paint and sealant(don't know the English word).

Kommentar

• Taftarat
        • March 2021

Hej! could you share what "sealant" they used?

Kommentar

• åheim
          • April 2006

This one is for use in aquarium etc. but its quite expensive! I´ts a good idea to use sealant so the background realese stuff into your water.
          Viva Leo Buscaglia

Kommentar

• åheim
            • April 2006

This one is for use in aquarium etc. but it´s quite expensive! It´s a good idea to use a sealant so the background doesn´t realese stuff into your water. https://epotex.se/produkt/nm-klarlack-fs-023-2
            Senast redigerad av åheim; 08 September 2022, 20:22.
            Viva Leo Buscaglia

Kommentar

• Taftarat
              • March 2021

Tack! And good news - pigment arrived Still drying tho

Kommentar

• Gurgel
                • August 2022

As long as you seal it you shouldn’t have a problem I suppose.
                If the package doesn’t say what it contains you could contact the manufacturer. Or send an email to Byggmax and ask them, they should absolutely be able to check it up for you.

Kommentar

• Subbahenke
                  • April 2003

I’m pretty sure you will be ok as long as you seal it with a good clearcoat like the one described above.. I used something called ”Husfix” back in the days and that seems to be very similar to your ”BYGGFIX” Let us know how it’s going. Looks great in the pictures ?

Kommentar

• Taftarat
                    • March 2021

Ursprungligen postat av Subbahenke
                    I’m pretty sure you will be ok as long as you seal it with a good clearcoat like the one described above.. I used something called ”Husfix” back in the days and that seems to be very similar to your ”BYGGFIX” Let us know how it’s going. Looks great in the pictures ?
                    Since its my first backwall and self made one that hides all the pumps/heaters - im loving it will add some "building" pics. Watched several methods on these cement backwalls - sealing layer is optional. I have chosen not to use it. After intense water changing in a week or so pH and KH values dropped down to normal. Started with a few plants. I think it looks nice

Senast redigerad av Taftarat; 20 September 2022, 09:00.

Kommentar

• Taftarat
                      • March 2021

P.S. i used blue styrofoam, because white ones (made from small balls) is a nightmare to work with - huge mess....

Kommentar

Arbetssätt...